Sunday, November 11, 2012

2 Sunday Post

 November 4: What's in your bag/purse/ backpack every day

My bag aka bags, I carry multiple bags on any given day. In my purse, you will find a bunch of things, the main things are:
1. My Ipad: I carry my iPad which has all of my school modules for IIN. In addition to the school work, my Ipad keeps me connected to devotional plans on this amazing app, which is helping with my spiritually and connection to God.
2.My Chargers: In this day and age, there are so many technological gadgets. So i make sure i have my chargers for my iPad and my phone in my bag no matter where i go.
3.Beauty Products: I carry quite a few things, vasoline, lip gloss, lotion, a tide stick just in case. I mean you never know, when you might need any of these things, so i always keep them handy.
4.  Misc.: The rest of my bag is wallet, keys and way to many receipts and other crap i accumulate over the course of weeks. I make a habit of cleaning out my bag to try and stay organized and so how, after a few days or week or so it back to being messy.

As I was sitting here writing this it has brought some awareness to things i would like to change about what i carry with me everyday . I realize that i have the need to carry things , in the event that myself or someone i know might need. I carry at least three bags a day sometime more, my purse, my computer bag and a bag with books and other things. I do not want to be a bag lady,  i need to prioritize and only carry what i will use. SO i am going to make a conscious effort carry only what i will use or need, and realize it is not the end of the world if i do not have everything i own with me. Wish me luck.

What are you carrying in your purse/bag/backpack everyday?


November 11:Vitamin L (aka Love)

   Something I know I can not live without is the affection and love.  I have always been an affectionate person as long as i can remember. I'm a hugger, when most people would simply say bye to a friend, I'm going in for a hug. I think showing people you care about affection is SO important. WE all want and need to be loved and feel love. This can improve your life drastically. Simply smiling or complementing someone can make all the difference.  A small gesture can go a long way.
     I heard a story once about a young man  (we will call him Mike) who was walking home from school one day. He saw another young man( we will call him Larry) who had dropped all his books and some other items he was carrying on the sidewalk. Mike ran up to Larry, helping him pick up his possessions and began walking and talking with him. It was later that Mike would find out, Larry had cleaned out his locker and was planning to go home and commit suicide, but  because Mike stopped and helped him he did not go through with his plan. These two began very good friends. Moral of this story is we do not know what people are going through or have gone through. Live is short, we should love as much as we can while we are here. We all need/want love and to be loved!!Love definitely improves life and  makes the world a better place.

Check out this tune from Rihanna: "We all need love "


No comments:

Post a Comment